If you are presenting a written CV use good quality paper. Be wary of trying to impress with coloured paper - It is not the way to get noticed.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short and succinct - it's quality not quantity that counts.
- Fonts such as Arial or Times New Roman are the normal standard, type size should be no less than 11 point...
- Double check for typos and obviously poor grammar as this can rule you out of consideration for a job immediately - and it happens all the time!
- Always head the top of your first page with your name.
- Record your name on each page of your CV, in case it becomes separated from the front page. A good place for this is on a footer, at the bottom of the page.